Thursday, May 31, 2012

bubbles in the backyard

Don't you just love bubbles? My son didn't want to hang aroung while I blew bubbles but he did enjoy swinging into them and making them swirl about. Here's some bubbles today for you to share the joy....





And as I've still got 3 more faces  to go here they are....



The top one fits the theme over at IamtheDiva as I used the tangle, Crescent moon...

Then my last face is actually three. It's the palette I finished for The Hammondsport Auction. The Chamber of Commerce supplies the wooden palette to artists, and it's on display all summer with letters to encourage people to get out and see all the palette's near local businesses. You collect all the letters, figure out what they read and are eligible for prizes. They auction the palettes  off at the end of summer and the artists get half of the sale price. This is my second year. I'm full of links today and I'll link this with paint and palette as I have a picture of the "palette" I use for the Palette. Ha!


These are BIG.... over 3x4 feet!




Above is my daughter and the others are her friends....



See you tomorow with a new mandala!

22 comments:

  1. Your faces are so beautiful! Every single one of them. I love the patterns on the girls' dresses too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ladies and how clever it is for you to incorporate your challenge into the hair. I find your art unique and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful. I am working on the tangles. I love the work into the hair also.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a creative mind a work here! I love your posts and these are no exception. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work again Andrea!!! Those "ladies" with tangled hair are just fabulous :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love bubbles!!! I play with the grandkids when I can with them. It is such a JOY to watch the chase them!!! Thank you!! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea, Your palette painting is gorgeous! I love all the details and the fun felling it conveys. Thanks for thinking of me and playing along with P&P this week! I'm sorry the party is ending too. I started the P&P blog party with the intent to give something back to the blog community and to provide a space to generate interest and a dialogue between artists about what they use to create their works. I've been very happy with the quality of entries and have enjoyed getting to know all the regular participants, so it has sadden me too that as a result of lack of comments on the question I put forward last week about what the participants see in the future for P&P that it will not be continuing. That being said, if there is enough interest, there is a possibility that I will continue the party, as this blog party is for the benefit of artists in the blogging community.

    Happy Creating.

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Your palette is absolutely amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. each face is a joy to see! Really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the tangling in the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't blown bubbles for years. Maybe I need them now as a joy restorer!

    http://magicalmysticalteacher.wordpress.com/2012/05/31/celebrating-light/

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have an awesome blog! not sure how i ended up here, but i'm enjoying my visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The faces are fabulous! And yes, I love bubbles. Bought some a couple of weeks ago and went bubble-icious with four year old Logan. The puppy loved them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic portraits! And I love the palette.:) Wow! 3x4 feet? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful faces!
    ...and bubbles do make things feel so carefree, don't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bubbles and art- happiness! Your palette is STUNNING! Wow! Those ladies are amazing. Can you tell I really like it?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Once again, your ladies are lovely, especially the one of your daughter! She's a very pretty young woman!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh I love the first two faces especially...and those magnificent bubbles..wOw!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, they sure are having some 'good hair' days!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ohh you are so creative and talented...love the three girl in their beautiful dresses have so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. your style is lovely - the hair variations in all of your girls are fabulous - i may have to try something different. Your palette is lovely - it conveys the joy of being a teenager (so much better than the angst)

    ReplyDelete