Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sisterhood of the traveling sketchbooks

This is what's on my workdesk today... The sisterhood is a group of 13 women  and we've all purchased sketchbooks and are going to mail them around the globe each month, after we've each painted a spread  in one of the sketchbboks. We've just been working out the details and finally got started. As there's 13 of us... the first spread painted is in our own sketchbook as a way of introducing ourselves , then after that our painting will each be based on the month we're in.... our feeling about May for example...and at the end of 13 months we'll get our own book back, full of great stuff! My first spread is of 2 women, both "me", exept I really don't look like this ... one on a bad day , the other on a much better day. That's just the way it goes.



I still have to decorate the cover but I've got a few weeks before we have to mail it out so I'm all set. I plan to get the other sisters blogs posted up on my sidebar soon so you can all check out everyone else's sketchbooks as they progress too. So exciting!

And I have another big project I started last night ,,, I should have photos of that by friday!
Oh and I almost forgot... go here:
http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/2011/04/whats-on-your-workdesk-wednesday-96.html
 to see more workdesks! It's fun to "snoop" if you have time...

11 comments:

  1. Oh those are beautiful! We're in the same boat, I'm done with my spread, but am still working on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeee- that's what's on my workdesk too! You already know how much I love your falling ladies- they are just so full of joy and freedom- I love them. I want to fly too! I also like the honesty of showing a bad day- as you say, that's just how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow What great pages! That could be me! (except I don't have long hair and I am not thin!)I love your falling ladies!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful.. love them.. love your falling ladies.. and your bad day is so perfect... haven't started mine yet.. inspiration is hiding..lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work all the time with fabric but each time I come to your blog I get the urge to try water colours...one day.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your paintings are sooo lovely I just can't stop looking at them! A really enjoyable snoop! Love the idea of the travelling sketchbooks! Such a nice visit to your desk! Thank you for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cheated. I used a sketchbook where I had already decorated the cover *g* But I haven't started my spread yet! I've seen two now and both are completely different but both so totally gorgeous - can't wait to see this up close!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea these are fantastic!! I just can't wait to see all the wonderful work that will come from these books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love the falling ladies...but I really like the rainy day too...the sky is soo pretty :o)
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow!!! This is so gorgeous and so YOU what a wonderful start to your sketch book! I love your fallingn ladies they are so pretty and unique! I'll be painting my spread this weekend so will hopefully have something to show you in the next few days :0)

    Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Andrea - we've just started a Sisterhood of the Travelling Sketchbook - leaving from Oz and circling the globe. I'm making a reference to all the Sisterhoods that have gone before us and will add you to the list!

    ReplyDelete