Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What's on your workdesk wednesday...

I'm afraid there's a sad story behind what I'm working on this week. I'm finishing up this project for the family of this cute little girl, She passed away while having a seizure at 10 yrs old. The family now does fundraisers to raise money to send a child with special needs to a summer camp, and they asked me to make some magnets and pendants with the image I painted of her from a photo...


I was worried I wouldn't get her image right but they were happy with the way the first batch turned out, and the first fundraiser went well, I hear.  So.... sorry for the sad post... maybe it will make someone out there go hug their daughter or son while they can...

11 comments:

  1. These area great! What a nice thing to do. I like the idea of an everlasting hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that her memory will live on
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project! 10 years old is so young! But how wonderful that her parents are using their grief in a positive way. Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  4. So young...... they look great and for a very worthy cause.

    Happy WOYWW

    Ali #85

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful thing to do, both you and the family. We should always remember to hug our children as often as possible, tfs
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done with the money making.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a lovely heartwarming project. It makes her memory last and last to others.
    JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just lovely what you are doing. How tragic for that family...but bless them for what they are doing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic way for her family to celebrate her life.. love the pic of her and the everlasting hug on it.. you did a beautiful job on it all..
    Kath
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are an awesome person taking on this responsibility. I feel so sad for the family. Cute picture and coloring Thanks for sharing. Vickie #78

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely idea to commemorate such a beloved girl. Beautifully done. I did get hugs (or huggles as my little grandaughter calls them) from both my children (grown up) and all four grandchildren today. Luxury!

    ReplyDelete