Friday, June 19, 2015

5 things about Rhubarb

If you live where there is rhubarb then you know.
Rhubarb and strawberry pie is delish!
I haven't had any this year but that's because i have been busy doing other things with rhubarb.

1. I have created a pinterest board of Rhubarb recipes. It's so pretty, you will want to check it out even if you don't plan on making anything with rhubarb. But there are just so many things you can make with it....

2. We ate some upside down rhubarb cake my mother made from her patch of rhubarb. My older son loved it, well we all did, so i made some myself.



3. We planted some rhubarb so we will have our own stockpile next year.



4. I cooked some rhubarb syrup, then made that into a slushy. I did look at all the recipes from the internet, then when it came time to make mine, i just sort of guessed at measurements....


5. I sketched my drink in a brand new 9x12 Strathmore visual journal. I plan to keep this one just for recipes.








15 comments:

  1. Yum! I love rhubarb :)
    (I also love the idea of a journal for illustrated recipes!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous journal page and sketches. I made a cherry upside cake this week-must be the week for these fruity treats with all this fresh fruit finally out there to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know rhubarb well:):) My great grandmother on my father's side made rhubarb custard pies every season. Although she is long gone my Mom and I now have her recipe and carry on during rhubarb season. Wonderful illustration page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I loved rhubarb when I was a kid...we had a rhubarb plant in our garden it kept giving and giving! Mom made jam and pie...but I love the look of that drink...yum!! Thanks for sharing, the sketch is a beauty!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your painted page and most especially the tiny umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your page is very beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great minds think alike because I bought a new journal for recipes just this week... Hope mine turns out as beautifully as yours has started... And I looooove rhubarb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, I was so excited when I saw your blog pop up with a new post. I haven't visited in ages, but when I saw Falling Ladies, your art work automatically popped into my head. I Love Your Work!!! That rhurbar cakes good mighty good, too :)
    Your blogging sister,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete