Friday, January 5, 2018

2018 goals

I have been taking this week to figure out my 2018 goals, to reorganize with my new purse (that always feels good to do in the new year) and come up with a new bullet journal system that will work for me. 







I am using Jane Davenport’s butterfly journal from Michael’s because I can customize it however I want. Here’s the cover and a few calendar pages I did myself. Still not sure if I want to see my calendar weekly or monthly. I am going to try both over the year. And I added a page for goals, books read, a gratitude list, a bullet style goal tracker page, and blank watercolor pages, and blank paper for notes and ideas.






 I always go overboard joining challenges as they come up on social media. I am going to try to limit what I join and just set my own art challenges.... like sketching or journaling a little every day, and taking a photo a day. And continuing my practice of keeping a daily gratitude list..... things I am thankful for, things that make me happy.... little things (besides family, which of course I am thankful for) like mushroom soup, orange flavored dark chocolate bars, cats in car repair shops, a white fuzzy blanket..... 

I am participating in one or two challenges though. As usual I will join in with Scribblepicnic over at @a_dotty_hill on instagram, and paintpartyfriday blog. 


Here is one which I think will be fun because it’s only 2 illustrations a month, and it will force me to read these classic kids books. I am reading black beauty now. It should be great for building a portfolio to submit ,which has been my goal for awhile now. 

And if I don’t stick to any of it , then so what. I am not going to make these things into chores or work. The purpose is to learn and grow and enjoy it. If it isn’t fun anymore I can quit without feeling like a didn’t succeed because it is not about the end result. 


And I came up with my word of the year which I have done for about 6 years now....

            ACCEPT

Simple as that..... just accept what is .....that is my plan,

Happy 2018 to you!

18 comments:

  1. I love your goals! And I love the way you presented them too. The artwork is gorgeous as always. That house is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I wasn’t happy with the house at first but now I like it. I loved your rainbow horns btw, tried to comment on your site and it wouldn't Let me. I have been having that kind of trouble lately

      Delete
  2. Love combining art with calendars/planners-you get some art, writing and organization in too! You've got some great goals to work on. Good luck with it all, and I like your chosen word. I see you creating a delightful illustration of it:) Happy PPF and a Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by.... yes I will have to illustrate my word, good idea!

      Delete
  3. That's an ambitious list, girl!! Maybe I need to start one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing how you've set out into the New Year Andrea! The challenge sounds like fun and all those wonderful books will inspire and take you back in time a bit too I imagine! Glad to see the novel on the list and submitting art to publishers!! YAY!

    I love Accept as a word to focus on. Both Sofie and I want you to know that our little paintings still sit on their tiny easels upon our work tables and Believe and Trust remain words that have transcended any single year and have become ongoing mantras! Thank you again for creating them for us!! : ) So looking forward to watching your creative year unfold and to sharing the beginnings of my own writing/novel with you soon!

    Wishing the happiest and most inspired year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased you still enjoy your little paintings! Makes me happy to know they are there on your desks! As I still enjoy the Jizo and verdant sculpture from you as well. They were some of the first things that found a home in my new art room! A magical new year to you!

      Delete
  5. Love the cover on your journal! As for challenges, I don't even try to complete month long challenges, I get overwhelmed. I try to make my art enjoyable and not stressful. Accept is a great word for to achieve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not find long challenges stressful because I know even if I don’t finish I still succeeded by sticking with them even for awhile!

      Delete
  6. love your journal, I must have something wrong with me, I just cant get the hang of a bullet journal, maybe because I don't have much going on, since I don't work anymore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think part of the need for them is all my work related stuff. Good for you to be able to be home!

      Delete
  7. Great goals. Lovely journals and you have beautiful hand writing. Happy 2018

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful goals! I wish you much success. I do love that charming cottage with the yellow trees!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am overwhelmed just reading your list of goals ... You will be a very busy lady this year, not that that is a change for you. I look forward to seeing you on Scribble Picnic ... I have theoughly enjoyed working with Micheal ... it is a fun challenge. Your artwork is awesome, as always ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great goals (and a beautiful way to keep track of them)! I look forward to seeing you accomplish them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your journal looks good :) I've tried to get a bullet journal started but its to tedious for me lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love challenges but I don't do as much as you. if only I'm as motivated as you. good luck with all your challenges.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete