Friday, September 16, 2011

IF Mesmerizing

hello to all,
This week I finished the unhappy lady in the white bougainvilleas... I am adding this to paint party friday as well as IF for the theme" mesmerizing". She didn't start off that way, I was only thinking of a sad girl full of longing but then she got this different mood started.



I didn't finish the needlefelting though. Just not enough time, a week breezes by way too fast. Most of my painting this week was on my bedroom wall instead of on paper! It's now a nice gray/violet, I love it even if my husband doesn't.

 I hope to have my sketchbook for the sisterhood of the trveling sketchbook done soon, maybe a day or two. Then there's the unicorns vs. zombies game going on soon over at Amy's blog, I hope to have something to represent my team on that.

I don't have much new to show as I left my sketchbook at work yesterday, but here's my latest project, well not latest but ongoing with all my other stuff...


It's lots of my paintings from etsy shrunk to 1 inch to make into pendants! I'll show you that next week too...
Since I didn't have too much to shownew this week, here's some of my photos from trying to do a photo a day, actually it's not something I try to do. I just feel obsessed to do it  like painting, or drawing all the stuff in my head, I actually have lists of all the photos I need to take. There's nothing outstanding but I loved the lichen and the goldenrod...




Here's a site to check out that is featuring a link back to my blog because my falling ladies caught the writers eye...
http://www.notebookinhand.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14684
If you check it out there's alot to see there, tons of articles by creative people for creative people. I hadn't seen it until I was contacted by the person who runs the forum... www.notebookinhand.com, but it's totally worth checking out!

Also I was notified one of my latest treasuries was picked  to be  featured on Etsy Treasury Hunter! Check out my treasury here...
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/ODU0MDAzM3w3MjAxNDk2NDY/red-velvet-wedding?ref=pr_treasury
and the blog where it's featured here ...
http://www.etsytreasuryhunter.com/

Have a great week everybody!

34 comments:

  1. I expected to find one of your girls falling and find a beautiful lady between white flowers ... very cute and different results. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a very creative week, you got a lot done! I love your unhappy lady, even though she is a departure from your usual style. It's gorgeous and dramatic. What inspired you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lady is hauntingly beautiful in the flowers. I do not know what needle felting is, hmmm, I will have to look it up.
    Hugs and blessings.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. she's turned out wonderfully as i knew she would when i saw her last week. i love the idea if turning your paintings into pendants. cingrats on being on Etsy treasury hunter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL! Your work is truly amazing! Love it! the little pendants will be too fun! Happy PPF! Congrats on all of the much deserved recognition POP ART MINIS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely wonderful! ~ Little pendants sound like fun too! ~thanks, namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) and Happy PPF ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. these pendants are awesome!!! how clever - and your art will look so good as jewelry! congrats on the etsy feature treasury! too - i love the way your lady turned out - she does look sorrowful!
    happy ppf!!!!! and enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. the white flowers are such a contrast to her unhappiness. This art makes you think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow she turned out beautifully, such wonderful contrast of colours. Loving the idea of turning your paintings into pendants. Congratulations on your news and Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work will make beautiful pendants- GREAT idea!
    Also, I can't wait to see your new sketchbook piece, I just got Brandy's book and LOVED what you did there- wonderful work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. she's beautifully moody - love the light in her hair, love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love me a moody woman portrait! I think she's gorgeous. Congrats on all the notice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would probably say that your lady is mysterious and melancholic. I love the textures your created to do the hair as well as those strong shadows. It is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very mysterious, mesmerizing and beautiful! Everyone will be "falling" for her!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure your work will make wonderful pendants. I too expected to see the falling ladies but pleasantly surprise wit the Unhappy Lady. Makes you wonder what is it that is making her sad. Great painting. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I find her mysterious too. Wishing you a Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very lovely. Love the feeling that exudes from her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, this looks just like a friend of mine! I'll have to send her this way....great work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always look forward to your page. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. Popping by from Show and Tell Saturday! LOVING all of your fantastic creations! Your art is amazing! Thanks for popping by over at POP ART MINIS too! Great idea for letter R..RAINBOWS ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love all of your creations; your lady is certainly pensive or anxious looking, but lovely against the white flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your lady in the white flowers, she is beautiful! Pendants, oh I must check out your Etsy store, what a great idea! You are such a busy little bee, wonderful work! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful painting again!
    This one is beautifully intense!
    Happy PPF!
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have so much going on Andrea! The watercolor is just fabulous...those eyes are killer! And the foliage, I am so glad you kept it white...it's just perfect. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on all the nods. I love the pendant idea, I hope you show us your process.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Enjoying your new "unhappy" lady. Those eyes are telling lots of story. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The unhappy lady in the white bougainvilleas is definitely my favorite of your recent IF entries.
    Very nice.


    .

    ReplyDelete
  28. She is beautiful (even if she is unhappy)! Congratulations on all your fun links :)

    xo
    Kristin

    p.s. Your dream in the post above is very interesting... not sure what it means, but it would definitely make a wild movie!

    ReplyDelete
  29. A beautiful mysterious lady with captivating eyes! Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a beautiful painting! I love how wonderfully you've captured the lights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the girl - those eyes get you.
    Enjoy your new room !
    And happy creating !

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! Is that really water-color? It looks like a photograph! You are GOOD! She´s got such sad eyes, it´s a heart-breaking face. But so well done!!!

    ReplyDelete