Friday, February 25, 2011

remake



This is my favorite paininting ever... Monet's bar at the Folie Bergere...
I remade it for the monday artday challenge... I should have had her wearing the crazy clothes I normally stick my ladies in.... but anyway. She represents time for me, time stuck where you don't want to be, lonely in a crowd, just a totally vacant expression becuase she's spent her time going inward....
My remake's expression is a little to serene looking, not at all the right "not there" look. Oh well... would have to spend way more time than I have to get this one right!

Check out more art at monday artday blog by clicking to the right
and at 3muses here:
http://thethreemuseschallenge.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. What fun! You did a brilliant job! I love your "falling ladies"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How impressive is this! I love your interpretation on this week's theme at the Muses, thank you for sharing and come again soon.

    By the way I LOVE your blog header.

    ReplyDelete