Tuesday, June 7, 2016

creative tuesdays

I haven't joined in with this creative group of people in quite some time, but when I saw their challenge was all about showing children this time, and heading off "into the world of childlike wonder, imagination, curiosity." I decided I had to play along, and do another one of my alphabet girls...



 I thought it was kind of funny that when I planned to do a young girl, she ended up looking older with her curves and fancy hat, and her expression....
so I did a second one to get them back to being children like I had been doing before I actually was thinking about their age... 
so here's Moxie! 
and her mouse dressed like Mermaids.....
(I would love a skirt like this!)



see you friday with more ....



12 comments:

  1. Great job with these childlike pieces Andrea, they are magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Moxie the most, I like her mermaid outfit and her mouse dressed like a mermaid, so darn cute, those two but I do like Rhoda and her bunny too. these are lovely.

    have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your art just puts a smile on my face.
    "Feeling sad?"
    Go to "Falling Ladies Blog" and get cheered up :)
    Your have an amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful watercolors and such expressive children. So clever that mermaid. Love her scales.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! they are both really amazing, Andrea! I LOVE it, especially Moxie with her red cheeks. Perfectly wondrous for this theme. So glad you joined in. I love their fin/mermaid like pieces too. Very well done! LOVELy to see you again adn thank you for following along, even if from a distance. That's ok too. :)

    BTW, I went to look at you side bar links and some of them don't work. You might want to update that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up on the links, i will check into it

      Delete
  6. Both of these are just so lovely and very imaginative. Love that mermaid mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two wonderful new creations Andrea! I adore Moxie and her mouse. . . and the pure joy of a mouse dressed with a mermaids tail!!! :) And I love Rhoda (haven't heard that name forEVER!) and her rabbit. . . she is very modern looking glass/"Alice"/hatter all rolled into one I think! Lovely!! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are SUPER cute! Awww...LOVE the red hair. Very whimsical. Awwww :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These gals are stunning I hope they ALL end up in a childs book...wow impressive work...I love this style soooo much!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both amazingly adorable! I just love your watercolor style and details. So charming! One slightly sophisticated (maybe not a child but a young, stylish girl), and one totally whimsical and adorable with mouse and mermaid outfits!

    ReplyDelete