Sunday, July 8, 2012

A quick sketch

photo.JPG by lelloavengers
photo.JPG, a photo by lelloavengers on Flickr.

I gave up my black sharpie and watercolors for just a green marker yesterday. Then I wet it with plain water to blend a bit. I overdid it in spots and lost my line entirely but I wasn't shooting for perfection....

I have been obsessed with following Danny Gregory....well, his blog, not him of course, (sorry for the lack of a link but the computer virus was apparently NOT gone so I'm back on the Ipad and I don't know how to add links fron Flickr). He is starting to work through the EveryDayMatters challenges so I thought I'd sketch along and try to do the challenges in order too.(He has a link to all of them on one of his recent posts if you want to play along as well). So, I added an even quicker sketch of the sandals I wear everyday, well of one actually, as sketching your shoes was the first ADM challenge. I have just finished the sketchbook I started a month or so ago so I will need to start a new one next week! You know how much I lOVE to do that! This new one is a moleskin with thin paper that won't take watercolors so I 'll have to go to pen and colored pencil or I think I read somewhere where that paper would hold up to Guache paint so we'll see.... I always get excited about a new book but I will miss this one as I really loved it. It was just a plain old Strathmore visual journal but I really liked it. See you tomorow with a new mandala for the summer of color....

13 comments:

  1. I love the idea of sketching with that colour, I have not used water for a bit. You have inspired me to have a go again! Lovely sketch.
    ManonX

    ReplyDelete
  2. the green looks great!
    the recipes sounds delish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sketches. I'm a real sandal person too, although this summer I've gone a stage further and it's a pair of flip flops that rarely leave my feet. They are made by Caterpillar who make digger trucks, but I haven't done much earth excavation in them yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the loose and free feel that you achieved! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous effect with the pen and water!!! :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE the style - sharpie with a bit of water in a brush - I have to try that sometime! Love the shadows as well in the sandal

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a wonderful piece, love how you used the sharpie too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That colour is gorgeous. I want to try this. I love Danny Gregory, I will go find his blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative pages ~ love the look ~ thanks, ^_^ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an absolutely fabulous sketch! I love it. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Danny Gregory as well... well not him actually but his work... and find his books a constant inspiration... cool sketch and love the sandal in particular...xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the look you got with the green marker. It makes the ordinary interesting! I've tried to tackle that EDM list many times but I never stick with it for long.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely look with the marker.
    Danny Gregory is a wonderful artist and motivator. I'll have to find his blog. :)

    ReplyDelete