Friday, October 5, 2012

cranky jaded hippy attorney bird

To balance  out all the rocks i will probably be showing for days on my blog since i am trying to post daily, I will show you something different today...
 
i made a cranky bird in my sketchbook....
 
I found Dar Host's cranky birds though Carla Sonheim's blog where she is having a celebration due to her new book release. She has had tons of tutorials so i thought i would try a cranky bird, which is required to have a cranky comment next to it. Since I have been in court (not for personal reasons or jury duty but for work) I made my cranky bird a cranky jaded hippy attorney bird.
 
Random fact: tons of our attorneys here do not look clean cut but rather have very long hair and /or pony tails. (Just a small observation, that i happen to like)
 
I started with a tea blob left over from setting my teabag in my sketchbook, not sure if that idea was from either dar hosta or carla sonheim but i saw it somewhere....
 
 
I saw the bird right away and started adding lines and color....
 
 
these are fun and addictive because i want to do more... well i have already done more tea blob sketches, so far they each involve a little boy named JoJo who rides monsters...(you'll have to wait till later to see those), but since I started on the court thing here are some sketches I did in court, the color added later as i only carry a pen to court...
 
 
 
 
even if I try
I can never predict a
judges decision...
 

26 comments:

  1. Love your bird, so full of character! And what great sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well penned haiku of your court experience and wonderful tea blob and sketches~ very creative ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bird is a total work of art!!! Magnificent!!! :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think that cranky bird is one of my all time favorites of yours. I absolutely adore her! The idea of starting with a tea blob is brilliant. Lovely, lovely!! I want to see more. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that you used your tea bag to make a blog. she inspired me to give it a try too, quite fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, your piece turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific sketches, but my favourite has to be the fabulous cranky bird. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work! I love the tea bag....so awesome! The bird turned out wonderfully! Dang, no paints in Court, bummer! ;) HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cranky bird and court sketches!
    Looking forward to seeing more of your painted rocks, too! :)
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't predict anything either...'cause everything is so unpredictable!

    Snaky Sky Wire

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your cranky bird, definitely infused with your very own style!! Awesome... I LOVE IT!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Cranky bird is just delish ♥ I have got to try one of those :0) Your court painting is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in love with that bird! So much character....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cranky hipster attorney bird is awesome! Hmmmm, I can see a whole series of these, huge hits for office gifts among that demographic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG!!! I just love your cranky bird!! He just delights me to no end! :):):)
    Nice court sketching, too. But the bird--OMG!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome bird, very original! :) Love your sketches, really nice! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the bird! what an intriguing way to get a sketch started. i'm going to give that a try.
    your court room sketches are wonderful, too. great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  18. you are a total delight, i never know which direction your muse will take you and am pleasantly surprised every time!
    but then, i love a great mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the bird...a wonderful expressive bird she is!

    Terrific sketches of people...I like all that green.
    Do you ever worry about the fact that they are so realistic that someone might see it as some sort of breach of confidentiality...or does that not come into play with people in a court room? Curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess i never thought they were THaT realistic. Attorneys and other people there have seen me sketching and so far noone is bothered.

      Delete
  20. The cranky bird is fabulous, as are the rest of your sketches/paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love both your cranky bird work and your court sketches! Is the cranky bird the judge:) ? Your artwork is always so expressive and lively - and beautifully drawn.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the tea art and great court house haiku!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good grief, I would never thought of using tea blob. These are great renditions of court and attorneys. Love the bird, yep, I've seen one or two like that. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete