Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Back to zentangling for what's on your workdesk wednesday

This week the challenge over at IamtheDivaCZT was to use the new tangle created by the founders of Zentangles, Rick and Maria. It's called Bunzo and you can find directions on how to draw it here. I have made a few pages with it in my sketchbook....

ok.... wait...... the first pictures are of last weeks challenge which was to use stripes but i never got around to posting it so you have to see that one first.....




Now here's the one with bunzo which is the tangle in the center that looks like clam shells or fungi on a log.... i like this one, i think it will be one of my favorite tangles to use....


This one was also based on the zendala challenge at the bright owl. i have made mine long to fit in my sketchbook instead of sticking to a mandala circle but it basically follows her template in idea. Not a good photo of it though, hard to get enough light this time of year.


This one reminded me of a little planet once I got going, which then reminded me of the book, 'the little prince' which i have read at least 5 times but i decided I needed to read again, so I quit tangling for the day and read. 






           "Good bye " said the fox. "And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
           "What is essential is invisible to the eye," the little prince repeated, so that he would be sure to remember.
           " It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important."
           "It is the time I have wasted for my rose-" said the little prince so that he would be sure to remember.
           "Men have forgotten this truth "said the fox. "but you must never forget it. You become responsible forever for what you have tamed. You are responsible for your rose."
           "I am responsible for my rose" the little prince repeated so he would be sure to remember.


17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the colours happy WOYWW

    Lou #104

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quotes from the book- if only everyone realised those basic truths, it would be a very different world, I think.Love the images of your journal,really cool.Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #90

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sat reading my WOYWW blogs on my sick bed this week but have my mask on so you don't catch anything. I'm enjoying reading what everyone is up to this week [it's better than reading magazines :-) ]. I'm leaving a copied comment so you know I've called by because my hands are too weak and shaky to keep typing out my comments this week.
    Big hugs,
    A x #93

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo the green page is my favourite by far. BJ#33

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did some great things here. I love it! My favorite is the last one, like clouds in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning pages - clever you! x Jo #76

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the zentangles they are fab,my favourite is the green one , would love to try it one day as im a doodler at heart..the quote was lovely.thanks for sharing it with us have a super week #77

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors of your zentangles this week! Tamika #112

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous zentangles, I love the green one ( must be in a green phase at present!) Hae a good day. Helen#4

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to Zentangle and have been wanting to start adding color. Now with your post I am ready to start. I love the green stripes.
    Krisha #56

    ReplyDelete
  11. You make these look so effortless....I'm convinced your fingertips are pencil tips and watercolor runs through your veins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. What a great interpretation of the zendala dare. And i do adore your heavenly page with bunzo and al the clouds. Great. Your coloring is great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great! Love the pretty colors. Happy WOYWW! Tammy #106

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful! Love the stripes and beautiful zendala!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely post, wonderful illustrations, I'll be back to check out more of your artwork at a later date (I have a few more desks to visit first!!) I'm intrigued by Zentangles too.... something else to explore! thanks for your lovely comment on my blog :-) Chloe x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two challenges in one post....a treat for the eyes on this Halloween night! Truly love the Bunzo, it looks like an illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such beautiful work and so much time and effort has gone into drawing those.
    I especially love the Green one.
    Happy Crafting!
    Sue @ 125
    x

    ReplyDelete