Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What's on your workdesk wednesday!

This is a gift from my mother, and is just the greatest thing! It's a glass jar full of bits of wisdom that she wrote herself from all different sources and folded into small origami stars. She even decorated the jar up and put on a little metal tool for opening the stars. I love it and so do most of my co-workers, and has become known as "your mother's wisdom". It looks about like a jar of candy sitting so pretty on my desk.  I've shared some fortunes with my friends as there's enough to last almost a year she said. Today's was "forgive eveyone everything" A hard one but I'll actually give it a shot, (which was really hard after my neighbor, a large young man, kept shoveling his walk 5 feet from me the whole time I was stuck in my driveway before work and had to go get my 15 year old to help push me out. My neighbor never once said a word or offered to help us. I'm normally pretty forgiving but that was pushing my limits. Anyway... according to my co-workers I need to heed my "mother's wisdom" so I'll try.)

You can see other workdesks here:
http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/

16 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful jar full of stars. A wonderful gift from your mom. Forgiveness is a hard one for me too. Good for you for reaching into a deeper place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such an original gift from your Mum Andrea...I love the idea.I too can understand the problem you had with today's words but good for you for giving that one a go!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome bit of mothering there! Love it and though I can't fold stars I might try it for my daughter this christmas!Thanks for sharing! Vickie #69

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure I could forgive your neighbour, but I think your mother's gift jar is wonderful - I've never seen anything like that before. TFS x

    Sherry (133)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ja lovely gift and what fantastic idea with the thoughful pieces of wisdom.Hope your wedensday was fab!
    hugs judex3

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super gift from your Mum! Like others I might have struggled with forgiveness but you'll feel better for it in the end :) Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a terrific and colourful idea. Great gift.
    Playing catch-up on WOYWW visits.
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful gift to give & receive. Shaz #118

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like something I'd love to give my daughter (whose birthday is today) and I just noticed her 4 kids are similar in age to yours...except she also now has a grandson that she is caring for. Lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fabulous idea, so clever. I could do with some words of wisdom!!!! thanks for sharing. hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful jar and such a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great jar, what a fabulous gift from your mum
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a great gift from your mother. one that keeps giving day after day. it must have taken her a lot of time to come up with all the words of wisdom, and fold them. wow. truly a gift from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great treasure and there is nothing better than "your mom's wisdom." I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow what a wonderful gift from your mum ~ running late this week but just getting in before it all starts again ~ Nicky 2

    ReplyDelete