Tuesday, March 22, 2011

This week so far...

For all the what's on your workdesk wednesday followers... this is what's on my desk in between actual day-job work:

It's the current painting I'm working on in 2 stages of completion.... should have her done by friday maybe.
See more workdesks here:



Made this little diorama in an altoid tin this weekend after being inspired by Susan Faye at:
http://365catladies.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-inner-child-is-alive-and-well.html
After you check her out you can see more whimsy at dthaase's site here:
http://dthaase-lines.blogspot.com/p/whimsical-wednesday.html

Also just wanted to thank the handmadehomemaker of
http://forrestdweller.blogspot.com/ for this great giveaway I won from her blog. It's beeswax and smells sooo nice! Check her out at her blog or her etsy shop!




Lastly, my mother's wisdom for today was "Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life"--Picasso. and she tells me she should give credit for her idea of the jar of folded origami stars to ...
Creative Kismet's blog.
Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. I loved Susan's diorama too, and I love yours as well. I really must try one, myself. They are just so little and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try water colour painting but think I need to stick to textiles just now - even if that means clearing my enormous wool mountain set out on my dining table!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Thanks for following and for joining in our blog candy giveaway at http://sisterscraftycreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very fit and energetic lady in the first couple of pics! Very sweet diorama too and lovely gift you won.

    Hugs
    Brenda 84

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh just simply stunning and lovely together in one falling lady across the open pages (or so it appears at first...I simply love this and it has given me so many ideas for a baby-shower! So darn cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow to the projects
    happy woyww
    vicky - angeldrummer number 41

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just adore your work. It has such beauty and movement!
    -Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I'm Lindsay aka Wicked Chef #1. I hope our recipes will be of use to you and your husband. I really hope you enjoy them as much as we do :) Thank you for the follow, just returning the favor http://www.memoirs-of-2-wicked-chefs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your falling ladies but am I right in saying that the one your working on is not falling? All absoloutely brilliant - you have an incredible talent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are sooooo talented.
    Hugs, Sandra #14

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by Wiccan Make Some Too & becoming a follower. I am following your blog now.....Love your art!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very very creative. So inspiring! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome projects! Love the altoids diorama! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #162

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diorama! I was trying to remember that word this morning! Thank you!

    And what a special diorama it is! I love your falling ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. a great addition to the whimsy this week - well done

    ReplyDelete