Sunday, March 19, 2017

Sunday sketches

Been meaning to try linocuts again for awhile now, so while I was at Michaels I picked up some rubber sheets. Here's a rough draft of the image I want to try carving....






I am linking up to Alexandra Macvean's Sunday sketches. Blogger hates me lately, no matter what app I use, some will not let me include links, (hence no link to Sunday sketches) and other will not let me add photos at all? What is up with that?

Anyway, IF I get this carved, and IF I get it printed, and IF Blogger accepts my apologies for whatever slights I have given it, and allows me to create another blogpost: I will post the end result sometime soon.

8 comments:

  1. Wow good luck it seems challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are ambitious. This will be a fantastic design.
    I failed lino block carving dismally in art class and have the scars to prove it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous! This linocut is going to make some stunning prints, with all those delicate and intricate details. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely design.Look forward to seeing it as a link cut 💝

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I've never tried linocuts....this looks like it's going to be fabulous!! I can't wait to see you paint it in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh looking forward to seeing your lino print of this :D looks like it will be a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I will keep my fingers crossed as I would LOVE to see the lino cut! Your draft looks highly promising. It's wonderful!!!!! Good luck for the exciting artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I'm thinking blogging has not been cooperating with a lot of us... Possibly trying to make some changes!! So many websites don't seem to jive with the many new apps for some reason. I know it can be expensive to convert and if the owners of the sites aren't tech savvy they just don't bother!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete