Friday, June 30, 2017

Addicted to watercolor paints




I didn't plan this.... it just sort of crept up on me... this collecting of watercolor sets! And this can't technically be called a review as I love them all and cannot recommend one over another. The first picture below is a Daler-Rowney travel set I carried everywhere for awhile. It is a good portable size and I love the small brush that came with it. I use that brush even with other paint sets.  


The next set is a set I made up from an empty palette from Michaels and Sakura watercolor tubes that were old and crumbling. The paint is still wonderful and vibrant!! I love the Prussian blue and paynes grey.  


The third set is Jane Davenport's bright watercolor travel set. I love that as well for the cheery bright colors and especially the violets and purples that are not in either prior set. 


 And the last two are handcrafted watercolors, my new obsession. The larger dot card is Redwoodwillow and the small palette I put together from 4 half pans in a mini Altoid tin is from imlothmelui. Both are on Etsy. I am totally enjoying using these earthy colors, and I love both of their sites for photos of paints being ground or mulled. So that is my watercolor stash for now! I recommend them all!!!! 










Happy paint party Friday!


And don't forget you only have  till the 6th to get 50% off anything in my Etsy shop!  Many items will not be relisted after the sale so it will be your last chance.


And a big THANKYOU to those of you that have already taken advantage of the sale and helped me clear out my shop, I can't wait to reorganize and redo it!

13 comments:

  1. Love seeing the variations and brands of watercolors. I think I want to try Jane's palette -when I can get it with a coupon at Michaels :). Thanks for sharing and happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see all of the paints and colours displayed! What an artful picture it makes! So pretty! You make it all look so nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love your post this week with the paints and how they look on paper. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh!!!! I LOVE those photos. Beautiful. And a little jealous of your watercolor sets...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I may have gotten carried away with buying them!

      Delete
  5. you can never really ever have too many watercolours :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a delight to see your watercolor collection! It's a fact that one can never have TOO many too many tools and supplies for making art! :) I hope that you continue to collect and try new ones as you discover them. Oh, I wanted to ask. . . what are your favorite PAPERS for working with watercolors?

    Hoping the summer is bringing magic and beauty to your world!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love strathmore visual journal's for watercolor and sketches. They are easy to carry and the paper is heavy enough for watercolors. But for the watercolors I am doing now where you only do one coat of paint I LOVE Prima watercolor pads. The color goes on so smooth, but they don't seem to take a second coat well so layering paint or shading doesn't work well on them. I always use cold press, I don't like hot press at all but other people swear by it.

      Delete
  7. What delight to eyes and soul!!!
    Gorgeous art my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful little tutorial on your favourite paints and why they work so well for you!! Thank you! Great reference page!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete