Friday, July 28, 2017

Rainbow rice

Sorry I have been absent from my blog for awhile. Too distracted I guess, but that's another story. Nothing bad, just changes.  I feel a bit more settled in now and I have sooo much art that you all haven't seen unless you follow me on instagram. I didn't want to just throw it all at you at once so I figured I'd pick out some themes and group them like that. 

So one "type" of painting I have been doing lately is what I have called my rainbow rice paintings. Mostly I have been doing these almost as meditation. They are mindless, mesmerizing and relaxing to paint. A nice way to totally get your mind focused on one thing, and not the thing worrying you! It works for me at least....

I start with a 6 petal pattern but if it goes wonky I don't mind at all. I just let the rice fall ..... 
I had 4 other artists say they tried it and posted pics of their result.... and they all felt the same about doing it as I did. Very calming, just watching paint move on the paper and concentrating on little shapes. 

I also have a notebook with this design on it to give away. Come back after the weekend when I will post the details on how to win! 

And next week I will also try to squeeze in a midweek post with another series of art I have been doing.... fried egg paintings! Really! See you soon!

















14 comments:

  1. truly wonderful graduations of colors and shades in your patterns! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that exercise. . . It even LOOKS meditative! :) I think the next time i break out some paints or paint pens, i am going to give it a try! Glad to see you back and hoping all is summery and well! :) I am trying to imagine, without the help of Google, what "fried egg painting" is. I will do my best to wait to be surprised. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like them, you definitely should give it a try. I just relax and enjoy the properties of the paint! And you will not find fried egg painting on google😁🍳🍳.... at least I don't think you will. It is another of my own terms but you shall see why......

      Delete
  3. The rainbow patterns are so beautiful. I like how the colors gradually change. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! That is the fun part... it just relaxes me to see the colors change as I go!

      Delete
  4. Luv your journalled rainbow
    Happy PPF

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly gorgeous...colours are Devine....xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Falling rice and fried eggs, I'm sensing a food theme here, lol Love looking at the watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the patterns are so pretty, simple but very effective at bringing a smile to my face with all the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I seen beautiful new spoonflower fabrics in your future!! Wonderful way to make patterns with gorgeous colour!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete