Friday, August 18, 2017

Art in hearts

Hello, it is Friday already..... time is flying!
I did the 100 day project earlier this year, which for me just means I tried to create a watercolor every day for 100 days. I used the hash tag #100daysofjoyouswatercolor on instagram to post them. I  really just had fun and it wasn't about obligation or forcing myself to create it was about finding the joy in it. I missed a few days here and there but I have kept going after 100 and now I have so much art I haven't posted here on my blog. That is how the rainbow rice, and the fried egg art cane about. And it is also how these heart quotes came about... one piece leads to further exploration just for the sake of exploration!!! Then, you have this large body of work to either ignore, or to pick and choose from as far as which direction to head in next. This lettering has been really fun for me... and I have gotten offers to do wedding gifts (which I will post after the wedding) !
It is all fun stuff!!!! So here are a bunch of the photos.... see you all next week or before!





















And here are my designs that I mentioned last week finally on the delivery van!!!! How cool is that?!




20 comments:

  1. So many beautiful pieces! The Flower Diva Inc design is A-MA-ZING!!I Oh and your wording/text has become so sharp and crisp. Lovely work!!! I love the hundred day idea Andrea! The ladybugs and the Rumi quotes are my favorites. . . thinking about the theme of 100 days, I can look back and see that is pretty much how my Etsy shops came about. Not worrying about anything but making something new every day for an entire year (most days anyway). And I don't think I'd be writing a fantasy novel if I didn't allow myself that first hundred or so days to just write with no direction or plot. Characters, ideas, little bits of the world itself, the map etc. That body of work was what I sifted thru to find the larger story I have working now.

    So happy to be able to see your work and progress here! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Nicholas! Just putting in the work is definitely where improvement and new ideas come from! And when it is fun to do as well, there's no downside

      Delete
  2. *wow* That are so wonderful drawn pictures with pretty colorful writing!
    The van is great with your drawing on it!ilove this art!
    Happy Weekend
    Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks some much. It was exciting to see it on the van!

      Delete
  3. Wow these are gorgeous!!! And congratulations on the van design!! Absolutely beautiful designs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was fun and is exciting to see the end result!

      Delete
  4. really pretty and inspiring cards, and the flowers look so cool on the van! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You called them cards and I think that IS what I will make them into!

      Delete
  5. oh my god that it magnificently cool! And your signs are wonderful, I can hardly pick my favorite. I think Whimsy is though as it's so colorful and I'm a total sucker for cobalt teal. Gorgeous work my friend! Have a great weekend, visiting from PPF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such wonderful praise! I always appreciate any comments, but it is especially nice to hear so much enthusiasm for my work!

      Delete
  6. It looks like your challenge was wonderful for you!
    All of these pieces are so lovely, joyful and pretty. Congrats on work and the van!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The challenge DID help.... just putting the time in allows new ideas to come up!

      Delete
  7. You NEED to be licensed these are all amazing..and love how the van turned out...wow...your art is gorgeous!!These lettering pieces would make great framed pieces for a quaint little shop!! Excellent work!!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, as always, for such wonderfully kind comments and such high praise! I so appreciate it!

      Delete
  8. Excellent words, background and Lettering. Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete