Friday, December 1, 2017

A new series

Always trying new things, so I have been challenging myself to stick to 3 colors in a series of 5x7 watercolor pieces....










I liked how I could paint anything and it still all seemed to work together due to the colors. Just experimenting, I did some abstracts as well...


















I used paynes gray, yellow ochre, and a sky blue. I really enjoyed the challenge if only the three colors. It helped to simplify the design when you no longer had to worry about color as much. I think it is a challenge I will try again soon, just with three new colors!


12 comments:

  1. Andrea, how very beautiful! I love the 3 colors you've used and your paintings are always a joy to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing that you get so much variety out of the 3 colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! You have such nice control of the watercolorand show what we can do with a minimal palette. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are wonderful! I especially love the elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such inspiring pieces! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is quite a collection of beautiful art work, and all in 3 colors. I had never thought of limiting my choices but, you know, it works! It was such fun to see each picture as i scrolled down the page. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your artwork, such simplicity of line--such beautiful colors. Fills my eyes it does. Which is the greatest compliment I can give.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this gorgeous colour scheme! So well done...each and everyone is beautiful! Such a cohesive series!!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andrea these are wonderful! I LOVE the abstract and the final horizon line image as well as the newest of the little cottage/cabin series but all of them are beautiful. The three colors work so well together and that simplicity of the palette you chose really does tie them all together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are absolutely wonderful! I love many of the abstracts, What a great idea to do a series with a limited palette. Inspires me to try it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous pieces Andrea! I really like the idea of minimal colours - it works so beautifully for reasons you've said.

    ReplyDelete