Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 3 and the TONS of art I promised...

For those of you who haven't been following the 29 faces over at Ilike2paint... here's my 3rd of 29 faces, one a day in February. This is Thistle. She's tall, she's lanky and good at ice skating and soccer. She doesn't like to read but is a huge movie buff. Hoosiers is her all time favorite.

and... if you saw my post on tuesday you know I promised a ton of art due to 2 new obsessions...







I've known about zentangles before, it's hard not to, they're everywhere on line but I hadn't really checked it all out completely. Once you do you are addicted. I love the look, I love the relaxing way they just sort of flow out of your pen. I love that all the little patterns have names, and you can sort of collect little cards with the patterns on them for when you need inspiration, or you can make up your own. I did both. The book I did these in is great! I won it through the sketchbook challenge and the paper is so thick that my sharpie didn't even bleed through to the back, and it took watercolors too. I wish I knew where to get more. Here's  some of the sites I've been watching videos on and /or checking out for patterns...

the creators
a great site for patterns

 and on to my second new obsession: Mandalas



Sorry my photos of these aren't the best, not enough light... I watched a free mandala video here,just love making them!
And another big surprise to me but will be a shock to noone else: there are hundreds of mandala art videos on you-tube. I had only ever watched music videos on you-tube but there are just sooooo many great art tutorials. I know, I'm so slow to catch on. I thought it was my own original idea to combine the two: zentangles and mandalas  in my latest piece, but NO, I found tons of them online after I did it and even a whole book devoted to the two! Once you start you just want to make more....

then on to my book of days...



I haven't even finished writing in my lists of small pleasures in the last page yet. I'm running out of time or I'd give you the links to about 4 sites that offer free art journaling videos each week.... next week I will
Happy paint party friday and you know you need to go check out some of these sites and some videos!

31 comments:

  1. Wow! When did you sleep? ~ Face is excellent ~ Lots of work in the zentangles ~ and other pages are wonderful ~namaste,carol (Share the Creative Journey) Happy PPF ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, you HAVE been busy! I LOVE everything you have been doing- your zentangle alphabet is incredible and your mandalas are too- LOVE the way you added the words in....and of course your book of days- I NEED those links so maybe someday I can do a book of days as beautiful as yours! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything you've shared in this post. I've been doing zentangles, zendoodles, zendalas for a while now. I love how I get lost in it once I begin...truly zen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been so very busy, loving Thistle, great character and your zectangle alphabet is fantastic. Great Mandalas also. Wow when will this ever end, I hope never....... Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your zentangles are to die for....love your work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zentangles are very appealing to me as well but haven't actually done any yet. I remember doodling like that when I was in school but somhow got over it. :) Yours look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! How many hours do you have in a day...I swear yours must be 27 hours long....haha!!! Busy girl....and great stuff, too!
    I absolutely love your book of days, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! I wish I had the time to draw everything I have in my mind!!! Great collection of works!!! The zentangle alphabeth and numbers are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of wonderful art here, Andrea. Love the face. Love the zentangles. I did some that then I found out you had to follow a known pattern so I stopped. It was fun just doodling away on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You had a busy and productive week! I love zentanges and have done many - though none in the last month or so. Yours look awesome!
    Great mandalas, pages and face!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You have been super-prolific!!
    I love your Zentangles and have been wanting to learn the process...so glad you shared the websites that helped you!
    I'll need to check those out! :)
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG Andrea!! Where to start? Stunning, Breathtaking, Amazing, Spectacular....forgot to say "Oh My God!!!!" everything you have done is just FABULOUS!!! :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. soo many wonderful art to look at!! I really lOVE your doodeling, although I myself do not a big doodler ;-) AND I really like your journal pages with all the details and your little skating girl is gorgeous... I bet you haven´t sleep for day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, these are just beautiful. I have discovered the wonders that are youtube. So much learning and soooo much time spent... haha not to mention bandwidth ;) We are in a fantastic technology age, aren't we?
    Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...your Zentangle book just blows me away. Those combined with mandalas are like Art Crack!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love every single thing you've shown. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, so beautifully done! You can see how much work was put into your paintings and it is an amazing result! Great job on all of your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your zentangles are fabulous! And I love your book of days. I'm doing that too. It is so much fun. I'll look forward to seeing more of your pages.
    Blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all of the different types of art you do. The 29 faces is adorable. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  20. love your faces.they are gorgeous!it seems you're making them so easily!you did wonderful job with the tangled numbers and mandalas!
    (check out my fav zentagle site- www.lifeimitatesdoodles.blogspot.com )
    have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! What a lot of inspiration on your post! Never tried zentangles either. Yours are really good! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  22. loving your faces but just as fascinated by your zentangles!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, you are one busy artist lady ! I can see how a lot of these techniques become meditative and relaxing. Here's to adding a lot more of that into our lives !

    Hi, Thistle ! We don't have much in common, since I love to read, hate winter sports and am neither tall more lanky but I think you are great looking !

    Light and love, Awesome Creator !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, awesome, awesome work!!!! Especially the "Just Breathe" mandala, that is soooooooo beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, so prolific, gotta say those zentangle numbers blow me away!!!!! xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just stopping by to say hello and share some PPF love!
    Renee
    xoxo
    www.fussitup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love all your great ladies and your tangles! I think the book you did is spectacular! I bought the Mandala book at a certified ZT basics class. Check out the ZIA I posted on Saturday called "Rose Botanical".

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really like when the energy and the muse takes hold and creation is at it's peak. Love your art.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  29. So much goodness here! You have been busy busy busy! Love the tangles book!! Love the journal pages! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh gorgeous art journaling pages...and loving all that you're doing!

    ReplyDelete