Wednesday, February 29, 2012

bees fly from her mouth

My last two faces for the 29 faces challenge will have to be posted later today...
That was hard to keep up with but fun! I actually have a plan for something to do with all my ACEO's from this but i don't want to mention it yet in case i can't quite work it out.

Here's my entry to the butterfly effect for "the wild side". Not sure if i show my wild side much but the ladies i paint do, they are free and happy and don't care much for conventional rules and restraints.



I did this with another challenge in mind too, at inpiration avenue the theme is Bottecelli's primavera. I seem to be drawn to the nymph, Chlora, or the goddess of flowers. you should go there and check out the painting. I started this months ago then put it away and just finished it this week. I had meant to have flowers coming out of her mouth but when i got this far it didn't seem to fit anymore.

She also reminds me of  paintings i just loved by kit williams... i can't find the exact one but i think my favorite was one with bees coming out of her mouth...

I had all his books and would stare at the art forever, studying how he did them, years ago. I just googled him to see what the name of that painting was and i found an interview where he said he was very influenced by botticelli, which makes sense now seeing both.

21 comments:

  1. Very VERY Cool painting Andrea!! :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Both of them. I can see the freedom of spirit in the first one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. STUNNING work and I am very interested in studying the artist you mentioned as well. Thanks so much for the info and Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She does look so free.....and without a care....
    That's a great kind of wild abandon I wish I had more of :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love your style and can't wait to see what you have created for the last two faces in the Challenge.
    manonX

    ReplyDelete
  6. love how she walks on clouds with the earth in her body and the wind in her hair... wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  7. You captured this so well - exactly what I was trying to do with many attempts - in the end I added digital on top of my painting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love the leaves on her legs. She looks like a nature goddess - full of passion & magic.

    Kat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely spring dancer, magical free spirit! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE her Andrea!
    I am always happy to see one of your falling ladies...
    the leaves 'tattooed' on her body...what a beautiful idea.
    And thank you for giving me a new artist to obsess over:)
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome and more awesome!!!
    Love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There she is , Lady Spring.
    Great journaling

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its been a while since i visited the falling ladies... the one here with the bow on her dress is cute one too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great representation of Spring. Very colorful and she looks so serene.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your falling ladies are so clever and creative. I love your Goddess of Flowers! Delightful submission for the IA Challenge!

    XO
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the theme of falling ladies! Even though your springtime lady is falling, she is free-falling with grace, happiness, and perhaps confidence she'll land in a beautiful bed of flowers, and all will be well in her world. Pretty work and love the balance of delicate lines and colors <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your wild woman! She's so carefree and looks like she is welcoming Springtime.

    Thanks for introducing me to Kit Williams. I love the example you posted. Makes me want to do a journal spread!! Now I am curious about the bees...will have to investigate his paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I swear I am NEVER this late getting here, but I've been derailed at every turn since last Wednesday. Your springtime lady is really adorable. I always love your ladies.

    ReplyDelete